Please share this message with your networks – The meeting of the high-level political forum on sustainable development in 2017 convened under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council will be held from Monday, 10 July, to Wednesday, 19 July 2017; including the three-day ministerial meeting of the forum from Monday, 17 July, to Wednesday, 19 July 2017.
The theme will be “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world“. The set of goals to be reviewed in depth will be the following, including Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development, that will be considered each year:
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
For more information on the 2017 HLPF, including a list of countries that have volunteered to make national presentations on their follow-up and implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, please see: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/hlpf
In the lead-up to the HLPF, DESA/DSD is inviting stakeholders to share information about relevant HLPF related meetings and events organized at the national, regional or global levels, for inclusion in a Calendar of Events, available on the official HLPF website at: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/hlpf#other
Please send your suggested event, including title, venue, date & time, short description, and website link (if available) through the HLPF Secretariat Contact form: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/contact.