The fourth annual African, Caribbean and Black Canadian HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is fast approaching! Join us on February 7, 2018 to help raise awareness of HIV and contribute to addressing HIV-related stigma in Canada’s African, Caribbean and Black communities.
- Plan a local event add it to our event map by completing this form. Some ideas for events are:
- Host a showing of the video “The Test” followed by a discussion
- Link up with a local HIV testing site to encourage HIV testing on February 7th
- Hold a cultural or artistic event and start a conversation about HIV by distributing condoms and sharing HIV and Awareness Day information
- Visit blackhivday.ca for our Social Media Toolkit so that you can join us in spreading the word on Twitter and Facebook.
- Order or download African, Caribbean and Black Canadian HIV/AIDS Awareness Day posters from the CATIE Ordering Centre page (English and French) or download a version of the poster with a white box for your event information here.
Mark your calendars, and look out for more information and resources about African, Caribbean and Black Canadian HIV/AIDS Awareness Day in the coming weeks at www.blackhivday.ca!
CHABAC is a national network of organizations, individuals and other stakeholders who are dedicated to responding to issues related to HIV and AIDS in Canada’s African, Caribbean and Black communities. For more information about CHABAC or to become a member go to www.icad-cisd.com/CHABAC. Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.