Thursday, Oct 28th 2020,
With the date of the ICAD AGM (December 10th, 2020), the Board election process has opened! ICAD kindly invites all eligible members to submit their nomination for ICAD’s incoming Board of Directors. The Board consists of four officers (President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer) and not more than five other Directors. Two of these positions are reserved for persons living with HIV.
Six of ICAD’s nine Board positions are up for election this year. Directors are elected for a two-year term at the Annual General Meeting on December 10th, 2020 during ICAD’s virtual AGM . ICAD strongly encourages persons from all regions of Canada (particularly outside of … Read more →
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
24 July 2020 (Ottawa, ON) – ICAD congratulates the International Partnership on Microbicides (IPM) on its announcement today that the European Medicine’s Agency (EMA) has issued a positive opinion on the dapivirine ring for use by cisgender women ages 18 and older in developing countries to reduce their risk of HIV-1 infection. This announcement is a turning point in the long path towards providing women with an efficacious and affordable HIV prevention option over which they have full control.
The EMA’s opinion is a game changer and we extend a heartfelt congratulations to the scientists, advocates, policy makers, regulators, community members and most of all, to the … Read more →
On June 6-7, the ICAD Pedal Pushers joined 21 other teams across the country to raise funds for 14 community-led development projects in Africa through the Canada Africa Partnership Ride . This event has raised over $80,000 and brought 161 riders together for a virtual bike-a-thon and scavenger hunt in a successful pivot from a typically in-person event, and an incredible showing of solidarity with communities in Africa. The Pedal Pushers had riders from Halifax to Edmonton, raising funds for Simba Utano (“Health is Power”), a project that is supporting sexual and reproductive health rights for adolescent girls and young women in Zimbabwe. Together, the 13 Pedal Pushers covered over … Read more →
May 21 st , 2020 – At a moment of public health crisis in Canada due to COVID-19, the Healthcare for All National Coalition is calling on the federal government to work closely with provincial and territorial governments to ensure access to healthcare for all people living in Canada. Together with over 200 civil society organizations from coast-to-coast, the coalition has sent an open letter to the federal government calling for access to healthcare for all people living in Canada, including those currently living in detention, regardless of immigration and citizenship status.
Carole Benedicte Ze, a refugee claimant from Cameroon who was initially refused access to testing after contracting COVID-19 … Read more →
The Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD) and Results Canada are pleased to jointly launch two new resources focusing on the collaborative TB and HIV response. The resources, ‘ Moving Forward from the Canadian Policy Dialogue on TB and HIV: Key Policy and Programming Considerations for the Canadian Response to TB and HIV ‘ and ‘ Implementing the UN Declaration on Tuberculosis: A Guide for Canadian Community Organizations Involved in the Response to TB and HIV ’ are a result of a multi-sectoral policy dialogue on TB and HIV hosted by our two organizations and the work of a national Advisory Committee.
The global TB and HIV epidemics fuel … Read more →
Together for Love: Start a conversation. Know your health options. End the stigma. The sixth annual African, Caribbean and Black Canadian HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is fast approaching! Join us on February 7, 2020 to help raise awareness of HIV and contribute to addressing HIV-related stigma in Canada’s African, Caribbean and Black communities. 25% of people living with HIV in Canada are ACB and our communities need to continue to come together to beat the epidemic. This year, CHABAC is endorsing the 2019 Campaign from the CDC’s Strategic Leadership Council. Please download the posters here for your events and to share! The African, Caribbean and Black Canadian HIV/AIDS Awareness Day will … Read more →
Parliamentary Reception to Commemorate World AIDS Day and Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week
Speaking Notes from ICAD Executive Director, Robin Montgomery
Co-hosts : Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD), Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network (CAAN), Pauktuutit Inuit Women of Canada, and the all-Parliamentary Global Health Caucus on HIV, TB and Malaria
December 2, 2019 (Ottawa, ON)
Good afternoon everyone.
I’d like to begin by acknowledging that the land on which we gather today is the stunningly beautiful, traditional and unceded territory of the Algonquin nation.
My name is Robin Montgomery and I’m the ED of the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development – a Canadian coalition of approximately 100 members from … Read more →
December 6, 2019 (Ottawa, ON) – On behalf of the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD), I congratulate and warmly welcome Margaret Kisikaw Piyesis as the new CEO of CAAN.
I also extend my deep appreciation to Renée Masching for her leadership and partnership as Acting CEO of CAAN this past year. It is always a great privilege to work with and learn from Renée and the entire team at the Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network.
ICAD has enjoyed a long and rich partnership with CAAN, most recently culminating in the 7th annual parliamentary event to launch Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week, and we look forward to working with Margaret and … Read more →
The International Community Steps Up the Fight Against HIV, TB and Malaria – But is it enough?
For immediate release
10 October 2019 (Lyon, France) – Today the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria held its historic 6th Replenishment Conference – an international gathering of representatives from across the Global Fund partnership: donor governments, the private sector, implementing country governments, civil society and communities impacted by the three diseases. Hosted by President Macron and the French government, the international community renewed its commitment to end the three diseases by 2030 with many partners making last minute increases to their pledges pushing the Replenishment outcome to an unprecedented USD … Read more →
- The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis & Malaria Replenishment Conference - French Civil Society Declaration October 9, 2019 Lyon, Wednesday October 9th, 2019The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis & Malaria Replenishment ConferenceFrench Civil Society Declaration The Global Fund Replenishment Conference is opening today in Lyon, France.The French President…
- ICAD Applauds the Government of France as Host to the 6th Replenishment Conference for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria May 17, 2018 For immediate releaseICAD Applauds the Government of France as Host to the 6th Replenishment Conference for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and MalariaOTTAWA, Canada, 17 May, 2018—The Interagency…
- Canada Steps Up its Fight against the World’s Most Deadly Diseases with an Historic Commitment to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria August 22, 2019 Canada Steps Up its Fight against the World’s Most Deadly Diseases with an Historic Commitment to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria ICAD and ICASO applaud Canada…
- Community Update for Key Population and Civil Society Advocates December 3, 2019 The 2020-2022 Global Fund Funding Cycle WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW AND HOW TO ENGAGE! In October 2019, at the sixth Global Fund replenishment conference in Lyon, France, donors pledged over…
- It's Valentine's Day: Show Canada's love for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria February 14, 2019 The Right Honourable Prime Minister Justin TrudeauOffice of the Prime Minister80 Wellington StreetOttawa, ON K1A 0A2CC:Honourable Minister Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of International DevelopmentHonourable Minister Chrystia Freeland, Minister of Foreign AffairsHonourable…
- US Senate and House of Representatives recommend a 15.6% increase in funding to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria September 19, 2019 U.S. Senate and House of Representatives recommend a 15.6% increase in funding to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria ICASO, Global Development One and ICAD applaud the…