UNAIDS PCB – Statement Agenda Item: 6 HIV in Prisons and Closed Settings 27 October 2015 – 37th UNAIDS PCB Meeting, Geneva, Switzerland Before I begin I would like to recognize and thank our guest speakers for their contribution. This statement is made on behalf of the Stop AIDS Alliance, the International HIV/AIDS Alliance, AIDS Fonds/STOP AIDS NOW, the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD), the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+), and the African Black Diaspora Global Network on HIV (ABDGN). We thank UNAIDS for this report on HIV in prisons and closed settings and are encouraged by the emphasis on evidence showing good prison health … Read more
UNAIDS PCB – Statement
Agenda Item 2
Update on the AIDS response in the Post-2015 development agenda
26 October 2015 – UNAIDS PCB Meeting, Geneva, Switzerland
Thank you Mr. Chair,
This statement is made on behalf of the Stop Aids Alliance , the International HIV/AIDS Alliance , Aids Fonds/STOP AIDS Now! , the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD) , and the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+) .
We acknowledge the crucial role of UNAIDS thus far in positioning HIV and AIDS within the Sustainable Development Goals. Now that the global development framework is in place, the focus will be on the means of implementation, including … Read more →
The Canadian Society for International Health (CSIH), in partnership with the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD) and the Action Hepatitis Canada (AHC), cordially invite you to a webinar that will provide insights from the World Hepatitis Summit and Pre-Summit Members Conference that took place from August 30 – September 4, 2015 in Glasgow, Scotland, UK. Please see attached the SAVE the DATE announcement for more information.
When: Friday, October 23, 12-1pm ET
Where: via webinar (please see confirmation of registration for more details)
Registration: Please contact Kate Alexander to RSVP to the webinar via KAlexander@icad-cisd.com
Please share through your networks.
This blog by the National Partners in Canada’s HIV Response first appeared on Huffington Post here .
5 October 2015 – National Partners in Canada’s HIV Response – On Oct. 19, voters will decide what kind of Canada they want to live in: one that takes the gold for protecting the health and human rights of all its people, or one that continues to be outperformed.
When it comes to the HIV and hepatitis C (HCV) response, Canada is a laggard both at home and abroad. Major developments in HIV and HCV treatment mean that the lives of thousands of Canadians could be greatly improved and even saved. But those … Read more →
On September 25, ICAD sent a pre-election letter to party leaders. The letter asks four key questions on how party leaders plan to address HIV and AIDS domestically and globally. Please find this letter below. We have received two responses from the four parties addressed. Find out what the Liberal and NDP parties say in response our letter.
Download the letter
Liberal Party of Canada: Responses
New Democratic Party of Canada: Responses
September 25, 2015
The Right Honourable Stephen Harper, PC, MP
Prime Minister of Canada
The Honourable Thomas Mulcair, MP
Leader of Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition
Mr. Justin Trudeau, MP
Leader of the Liberal Party
Ms. … Read more →
ICAD has launched its consortium project to deliver the International Youth Internship Program with funding from the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) entitled, “Global Connections: Bringing the world together through youth leaders”. ICAD is pleased to have partnered with Alliance for South Asian AIDS Prevention (ASAAP); Asian Community AIDS Service (ACAS); CAP/AIDS; HealthBridge Canada; Help Lesotho; Peel HIV/AIDS Network (PHAN); LetsStopAIDS; and, World University Services of Canada (WUSC). Internship positions are now available and are open to youth in Canada between the ages of 19 and 30. Please share widely.
Click here to see the full list of positions available.
As a network of national organizations, the National Partners have been working together to urge the Public Health Agency of Canada to strengthen their upcoming call for the Community Action Fund. This brief update is to share with our members and stakeholders the concerns that we have raised and the responses that we have received to date.
National Strategies: Canada lacks a cohesive and renewed strategy to address HIV and AIDS, as well as HCV. We have had some discussions about what such a strategy or strategies may mean in terms of the roll-out of the Community Action Fund and continue to advocate for strategies to address HIV/AIDS and HCV.
Ottawa, CANADA –
The Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD) is pleased to announce that it will launch a consortium project to deliver the International Youth Internship Program with funding from Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD). For this two-year project, “Global Connections: Bringing the world together through youth leaders”, ICAD is pleased to have partnered with Alliance for South Asian AIDS Prevention (ASAAP); Asian Community AIDS Service (ACAS); CAP/AIDS; HealthBridge Canada; Help Lesotho; Peel HIV/AIDS Network (PHAN); LetsStopAIDS; and, World University Services of Canada (WUSC). Together this consortium will facilitate a total of 40 internships for Canadian youth (20 youth internship placements per year). Internship positions will … Read more →
With input from ICAD Coalition members provided during a consultation held 14 August, ICAD submitted feedback on the draft UNAIDS Strategy (2016-2021). Thank you to all members who provided input into this important document that will build on the progress achieved in the global AIDS response. The final version of the UNAIDS Strategy will be available in October, 2015.
August 20, 2015
Dear members of the UNAIDS Strategy Unit,
Re: Feedback on the draft UNAIDS Strategy (2016-2021)
We would like to thank UNAIDS and its strategy team for the opportunity to review and provide feedback on the draft UNAIDS Strategy for 2016-‐2021: Fast-‐tracking to zero. The following submission is made … Read more →
June 30, Ottawa, CANADA –
The Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD) is pleased to announce that in partnership with Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network (CAAN), it will launch a consortium project to deliver the International Aboriginal Youth Internship (IAYI) Initiative with funding from Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD). For this two year project, “Breaking Barriers, Building Connections: Canadian Aboriginal Youth in Global Health” , ICAD and CAAN have partnered with CAP/AIDS Network, University of Saskatchewan, Lethbridge HIV Connection Society, and Native Youth Sexual Health Network to form a consortium that will facilitate a total of 20 internships for Aboriginal youth (10 youth internship placements per … Read more →
- International Aboriginal Youth Internships (IAYI) Initiatives March 7, 2016 The International Aboriginal Youth Internships (IAYI) initiative provides opportunities for Aboriginal youth to participate in international internships in developing countries. The initiative aims to: provide valuable international work experience for…
- International Youth Internship Project (IYIP) March 5, 2016 Global Affairs Canada's International Youth Internship Program offers post-secondary graduates the opportunity to gain valuable international development work experience. The program is part of the Career Focus stream of the…
- ICAD Congratulates Margaret Kisikaw Piyesis on her role as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network (CAAN) December 6, 2019 December 6, 2019 (Ottawa, ON) - On behalf of the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD), I congratulate and warmly welcome Margaret Kisikaw Piyesis as the new CEO of…
- Capacity Building and Knowledge Sharing February 15, 2016 Capacity Building ICAD strengthens the capacity of its stakeholders, including its members and governments, to address the global HIV epidemic by sharing lessons learned on programs and partnerships. ICAD has…
- Speech by ICAD Executive Director, Robin Montgomery, to Commemorate World AIDS Day and Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week 2019 December 10, 2019 Parliamentary Reception to Commemorate World AIDS Day and Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week Speaking Notes from ICAD Executive Director, Robin Montgomery Co-hosts : Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD), Canadian…
- PRESS RELEASE: The World Rallies to End It. For Good. - Canada Brings Leaders from Around the World To Montreal To Pledge Almost USD$13 Billion to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria September 17, 2016 Canadian civil society congratulates Canada for uniting world leaders in the fight against three of the world's most devastating diseasesMONTRÉAL 17 September 2016 – Today, in a show of commitment to global…