Youth from the Caribbean and the Caribbean Diaspora in Canada face many similar issues with respect to the risk of contracting HIV. This fact sheet highlights several key issues affecting both communities of young people.
- Combination Prevention(26)
- Community and Health Systems Strengthening(9)
- HIV and Co-infections(4)
- Key Populations and Vulnerable Groups(19)
- Public Policy and Global Engagement(11)
- Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH)(1)
- Social Determinants of Health(15)
ICAD is pleased to present a webinar with ICAD intern Scott Gould and Board Member Trevor Stratton. Scott, one of ICAD’s International Aboriginal Youth interns, has recently returned from his placement in Kingston, Jamaica where he worked as the Income Generation Projects Assistant with the Caribbean Vulnerable Communities Coalition (CVC) and Jamaica AIDS Support for Life (JASL).
During his presentation, Scott shared experiences while in Jamaica and reflected on the similarities and differences he observed between HIV/AIDS in Jamaica and in Aboriginal communities in Canada. Together, Scott and Trevor led a discussion exploring these links and the impact that stigma and discrimination has on both communities.
- ICAD Congratulates Margaret Kisikaw Piyesis on her role as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network (CAAN) December 6, 2019 December 6, 2019 (Ottawa, ON) - On behalf of the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD), I congratulate and warmly welcome Margaret Kisikaw Piyesis as the new CEO of…
- Speech by ICAD Executive Director, Robin Montgomery, to Commemorate World AIDS Day and Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week 2019 December 10, 2019 Parliamentary Reception to Commemorate World AIDS Day and Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week Speaking Notes from ICAD Executive Director, Robin Montgomery Co-hosts : Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD), Canadian…
- Recording - The MSAFIRI Post Migration Health Project June 13, 2018 The "Understanding HIV Transmission in African, Caribbean and Black (ACB) Communities Following Arrival in Canada Study" or MSAFIRI project was implemented between 2014 - 2017 with aim of shedding light…
- Parliamentary Breakfast Commemorating World AIDS Day 2018 and Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week November 14, 2018 Join us in Ottawa for a Parliamentary Breakfast commemorating World AIDS Day 2018 and Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week This event will feature international and Indigenous community leaders discussing Closing the…
- ICAD Member Activities November 28, 2018 ICAD Member Activities forWorld AIDS Day, Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week and the 16th Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence ICAD:World AIDS Day Blog Series on the HuffPost Canada ICAD and…
- CHABAC Hubs to host Community Roundtables to coincide with World AIDS Day November 28, 2018 28 November 2018 - The Canadian HIV/AIDS Black, African and Caribbean (CHABAC) Network is hosting community roundtables in Ottawa, Edmonton, Toronto, Calgary and Halifax beginning December 1, 2018 to consult…