40 th UNAIDS PCB Thematic Segment: HIV Prevention 2020: A Global Partnership for Delivery Panel: What is required for prevention scale-up Delivered by: Robin Montgomery, Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD) I speak on behalf of the Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD) – a Consortium of over 100 Canadian-based front-line and international development partners, community leaders and advocates. Thank you very much to our esteemed panelists and to the working group who have organized today’s very important thematic segment. One issue we haven’t heard about today – but yet constitutes a key driver of new infections around the world – is the growing level of HIV complacency. … Read more →
The Public Health Agency of Canada will soon launch a survey to solicit feedback from Canadian civil society organizations about the status of, and response to, HIV in Canada. The survey will inform the development of Canada’s 2017 Global AIDS Monitoring Report to the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). This webinar will highlight the significance of the Global AIDS Monitoring Report, linking it to Canada’s commitments under the 2016 United Nations Political Declaration on Ending AIDS. Civil society and community input will form an important part of Canada’s report. The webinar will provide participants with an opportunity to understand the reporting process, and to ask questions and obtain … Read more →
Please take part and help us spread the word on this campaign! The NGO Delegation is organizing #TheUNAIDSWeNeed, a social media campaign to drum up awareness on the ongoing process of rethinking the new UNAIDS operating model. This is also an opportunity to visually send messages to UNAIDS Secretariat, Co-sponsors, and Member States on what the global HIV community and civil society expect and envisage of the UNAIDS new operating model. For this campaign, we would like to request you to share photos of you and your colleagues and community partners holding signs with messages that respond to the hashtag. You can use A4 size paper or other sizes – … Read more →
UNAIDS plays a central role in the global effort to end the AIDS epidemic as part of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. Meeting this global ambition requires UNAIDS to adapt to a rapidly changing context. The UNAIDS Board has instructed UNAIDS to convene a Global Review Panel to address challenges and to make recommendations on how to make UNAIDS sustainable and fit for purpose. From 30 January to mid-February 2017, the Global Review Panel launched a virtual consultation, open to everyone, to:
Encourage meaningful engagement on a number of strategic questions over three key discussion topics.
Capture a diverse range of stakeholder inputs.
Serve as a primary input for the … Read more →
Date: Wednesday February 8, 2017 English consultation: 12:00pm – 1:30pm EST French consultation: 2:00 -3:30pm EST Please RSVP: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/N9GB9FQ UNAIDS plays a central role in the global effort to end the AIDS epidemic as part of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals. Meeting this global ambition requires UNAIDS to adapt to a rapidly changing context. The UNAIDS Board has instructed UNAIDS to convene a Global Review Panel to address challenges and to make recommendations on how to make UNAIDS sustainable and fit for purpose. WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! In partnership with the NGO delegation to the UNAIDS Board, and the Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network (CAAN), we are holding a … Read more →
This blog first appeared in the Huffington Post Canada here .
By Robin Montgomery, Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD)
In October 2015, the renewed UNAIDS Strategy was approved amidst cheers from the global community at the 37th meeting of the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board (PCB). The renewed strategy is an ambitious but viable, comprehensive road map charting the end of AIDS as a public health threat by 2030 and is couched within the Global Goals for Sustainable Development (SDGs) .
Just twelve months later, the conversation at this week’s 39th PCB has taken a much more somber tone as delegates grapple with the funding crisis that has rocked … Read more →
39th UNAIDS PCB Meeting
Joint Statement by The Canadian Positive People Network (CPPN), the Interagency Coalition on AIDS & Development (ICAD) & ICASO Follow-up to the thematic segment from the 38th PCB meetin g
Thank you Mr. Chair. Dear Secretariat and member states:
The Canadian Positive People Network, a young, independent network of people living with HIV and HIV co-infections, along with the Interagency Coalition on AIDS Development, a Canadian coalition of organizations, individuals and stakeholders from the labour, faith, and HIV and development sectors, and ICASO, a Canadian organization that acts as a global policy voice on HIV issues that impact diverse communities around the world, would like to … Read more →
- Where is the urgency?: Inching towards a business as usual approach to Ending AIDS by 2030? ICAD makes an NGO Statement December 6, 2016 39th UNAIDS PCB MeetingJoint Statement by CPPN, ICAD and ICASO on the Unified Budget, Results and Accountability Framework (UBRAF)Dear Secretariat and member states:This is a joint statement by the Canadian…
- NGO Observer Statement – Thematic Session Report on HIV in Emergency Contexts October 27, 2015 UNAIDS PCB – Statement Agenda Item 7 Follow-up to the thematic segment from the 36th Programme Coordinating Board meeting 27 October 2015 - 37th UNAIDS PCB Meeting, Geneva, Switzerland…
- Call for Case Studies: Thematic Segment on “Zero discrimination in health care settings” at the 41st meeting of the UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board (PCB) – 14 December 2017 October 3, 2017 Discrimination in health care settings remains a grim reality for people living with HIV and key populations, such as men who have sex with men, transgender people, people who use…
- NGO Observer Statement – HIV in Prisons and Closed Settings March 10, 2016 UNAIDS PCB - Statement Agenda Item: 6 HIV in Prisons and Closed Settings 27 October 2015 - 37th UNAIDS PCB Meeting, Geneva, Switzerland Before I begin I would like to…
- NGO Observer Statement: HIV in Prisons and Closed Settings October 27, 2015 UNAIDS PCB - StatementAgenda Item: 6HIV in Prisons and Closed Settings27 October 2015 - 37th UNAIDS PCB Meeting, Geneva, SwitzerlandBefore I begin I would like to recognize and thank our…
- NGO Observer Statement – Update on the AIDS Response in the Post-2015 Development Agenda October 26, 2015 UNAIDS PCB – Statement Agenda Item 2 Update on the AIDS response in the Post-2015 development agenda 26 October 2015 - UNAIDS PCB Meeting, Geneva, Switzerland Thank you Mr.…