The Canadian HIV/AIDS Black, African and Caribbean Network (CHABAC) would like to announce the fifth annual African, Caribbean and Black Canadian HIV/AIDS Awareness Day on February 7, 2019 to help raise awareness of HIV and contribute to addressing HIV-related stigma in Canada’s African, Caribbean and Black communities.
This year’s message is:
Start a Conversation. Know your Health Options. End the Stigma.
Please join us in commemorating African, Caribbean and Black Canadian HIV/AIDS Awareness Day!
- Plan a local event. Some ideas for events are:
- Host a showing of the video “The Test” followed by a discussion
- Link up with a local HIV testing site to encourage HIV testing on February 7th
- Hold a cultural or artistic event and start a conversation about HIV by distributing condoms and sharing HIV and Awareness Day information
- Use our Social Media Toolkit so that you can join us in spreading the word on Twitter and Facebook.
Mark your calendars, and look out for more information and resources about African, Caribbean and Black Canadian HIV/AIDS Awareness Day in the coming days at www.blackhivday.ca!
CHABAC is a national network of organizations, individuals and other stakeholders who are dedicated to responding to issues related to HIV and AIDS in Canada’s African, Caribbean and Black communities. For more information about CHABAC or to become a member go to www.icad-cisd.com/CHABAC. Also, follow us on Twitter @CHABACinfo.