This fact-sheet presents an overview of the manifold intersections between nutrition, HIV and gender, with the aim of promoting an integrated programmatic and policy approach to addressing these global challenges, which have been exacerbated by the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Why does gender matter in the fight to end the TB epidemic?
How does TB affect women and maternal health?
Gender is a key priority for the Canadian government, how can Canada take a leadership role in the TB response?
What role does Canadian civil society have to play?
ICAD and RESULTS Canada invite you to join us for an
online discussion to learn more.
Thursday, May 10, 2018 1:00pm – 2:00pm ET
Gender and TB : Gender is an area often neglected by those seeking to end the TB epidemic. While men tend to disproportionately contract the disease, TB has a significant impact on women worldwide. TB … Read more →
ICAD Launches Call for Expressions of Interest: Capacity-building through twinning in Zambia and Malawi The Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD) is pleased to launch a Call for Expressions of Interest from Non-Governmental and Community Based Organizations in Canada! This exciting initiative addresses HIV, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), Nutrition and Gender through Capacity-building projects in partnership with Zambian and Malawian organizations. On behalf of CARE Canada’s Southern African Nutrition Initiative (SANI) , ICAD invites Canadian organizations to submit Expressions of Interest to engage in twinning partnerships and implement community based projects that address issues related to HIV, gender, SRHR and nutrition in Ntchisi and Dowa, Malawi … Read more →
- Project Overview: Improving nutrition of women living with HIV November 5, 2020 PARTNERS PROJECT OVERVIEW The organizations will seek to enhance the capacity of women of reproductive age living with HIV on nutrition, HIV, SRHR and gender in order to improve…
- BODY MAPPING December 21, 2020 ABOUT US INTRODUCTION TO BODY MAPPING BODY MAPPING WORKSHOP BODY MAPPING IN COMMUNITIES ABOUT ICAD The Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development (ICAD) is a registered Canadian charity based in…
- Southern African Nutrition Initiative August 19, 2020 As part of CARE Canada’s Southern African Nutrition Initiative (SANI) funded by the Government of Canada, ICAD is leading a capacity-building initiative to improve the health outcomes of women living…
- Project Overview: Capacity Enhancement of Women of Reproductive Age on HIV, Nutrition and Gender November 5, 2020 PARTNERS PROJECT OVERVIEWThe organizations will seek to enhance the capacity of women of reproductive age living with HIV on nutrition, HIV, SRHR and gender in order to improve their health and…
- Southern African Nutrition Initiative: Lessons Learned from the Twinning Initiative January 12, 2021
- An Introduction to Twinning June 20, 2017 What is twinning?Twinning is a formal, substantive collaboration between two organizations seeking to achieve a common goal. Twinning encourages civil society organizations to collaborate and to form partnerships with like-minded…